How to leave a copy of your emails on the server
In some cases it is a good idea to leave your emails on the server for a period of time. For example, if you also check your emails using webmail or your phone, it is necessary to have your email on the server and not downloaded to your computer.
To configure outlook to leave a copy of the messages on the server, follow the instructions below:
- Open Outlook
- Go to Tools and select Account Settings
- Select Change Email Accounts and click Next.
- Select the account you wish to change and press the Change button.
- Click the More Settings button.
- Go to the Advanced Tab.
- Under the Delivery heading, check Leave a Copy of Messages on the Server.
- If you wish to have the messages removed from the server after a certain number of days - select the number of days you want to leave the message on the server before it is deleted.
We recommend that emails be removed from the server after a period of time (3-7 days) to prevent the email Inbox from filling up. If the Inbox fills up, emails will not be received.
If you have any problems with your mail setup, please don't hesitate to contact support on email@example.com