Setting up email on an iPhone
This tutorial will show you how to set up your email on your iPhone.
1. If this is the first account you're setting up on the iPhone, tap Mail. Otherwise, from the Home screen choose Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Accounts and choose Add Account
2. Click on Mail, Contact and Calendar on the settings page.
3. Click on Add Account.
4. Click Other
5. On the next screen, select POP
- Type in your name as you wish others receiving emails from you to see it.
- Under address, type in your email address.
- Under host name, type in your incoming mail server. This will be in the format of mail.mydomain.com.au where mydomain is your website address.
- Type in your username. This will be your email address with the @ symbol replaced with a + symbol, for example info+mydomain.com.au.
- Enter your password.
6. Enter your outgoing mail server under host name. Please check our list of outgoing mail servers if you are unsure.
Leave username and password blank unless specified otherwise by your ISP.
7. Your phone may then attempt to connect using SSL and will generate an error. When it asks if you want to try and set up the account without SSL, click Yes.
8. Hit the home button. To check your mail in future, click on the mail application on the dock.
Finished! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems.