Setting up email in Microsoft Outlook
This tutorial shows you how to set up Microsoft Outlook to receive emails from your email account. This tutorial focuses on setting up Microsoft Outlook 2007, but these settings are similar in other versions of Microsoft Outlook and other email programs.
1. In Microsoft Outlook, select Tools -> Account Settings
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select New and click Next.
3. For your server type, select POP3 and click Next.
4. On Auto Account Set Up window, skip over all of the fields and select the tick box that says Manually configure server settings or additional server types and click Next.
5. On Choose E-mail Service window, select Internet E-mail and click Next.
6. On the Internet E-mail Settings window, enter your information as follows:
Enter your first and last name as you would like it to appear to those receiving your emails.
Enter your e-mail address.
Set it to POP3.
Incoming mail server
Your incoming server is mail.mysite.com.au, where "mysite.com.au" is the name of your domain.eg. mail.magicdust.com.au
Outgoing mail server (SMTP)
Enter the SMTP outgoing mail server of your ISP. (Your ISP is the company you get your internet from.)
- mail.bigpond.com (for Bigpond users)
- smtp.aapt.com.au (for AAPT Users)
- mail.optusnet.com.au (for Optus users)
- mail.tpg.com.au (for TPG users)
Enter your username for your EMAIL account. This will be in the format of: info+mysite.com.au eg. tamsin+magicdust.com.au
Enter the password for your EMAIL account. (This is on the Official Handover Letter you recieved from Magicdust.)
Select the tick box that says Remember password.
Click Test Account Settings.
7. Outook will then take a few seconds to check your email set up, and return a confirmation that the email has been successfully created.
8. Click Close.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.
11. This will return you back to the E-mail Accounts page. Click Close to complete your email set up.