Photoshop - How to crop an image
This tutorial will step you throw cropping an image using Adobe Photoshop to remove excess background or to highlight a salient feature.
- Open Photoshop. Click on file in the top left corner and then click open.
- The image will now open. Locate the crop tool on the toolbar to the left.
- Using the crop tool, click and drag to draw a box around the part of the image you wish to retain. You will see a dashed line around the image. Hit enter to complete the crop.
- The image will now be cropped.
- To save the image, click on file and then Save for Web & Devices.
- The save window will open. This window will help you optimise your image for the web. We recommend keeping the file type as JPEG (top right corner) and checking that the size is under 200kb (bottom left corner). Click save.
- Another window will launch, prompting you to select a location on your computer to save the image.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org