eWeb - Adding a Google Calendar to your website
Google calendars are very useful if your business requires any sort of scheduling or booking which you'd like to display to your customers. The benefit of using a Google calendar is that you can embed it in your website, and then continue to make changes to the dates on your calendar through your Google account. Any changes to the calendar that you make will automatically update and reflect on your website.
To embed a Google Calendar, you'll first need to set one up in Google.
- Go to www.google.com/calendar/
- If you do not already have a Google account, then sign up for one. If you already have one, just log in to access the calendar.
- You'll see the calendar's interface. You can select the month, week and day by using the panel on the left.
- To add entries to the calendar, just click the appropriate time and date.
- Events will now be shown on the calendar as you add them. You can edit them or remove them by clicking on the event.
You will notice a space for you to type the event details, and then click Create Event.
Retrieving the embed code
To embed your calendar in your eWeb, you'll need to locate the calendar's feed code.
- Click on Settings on the left hand side of the calendar, then the Calendar Settings option.
- Select the Calendars tab and then click on Share this calendar.
- Ensure that you check the Make this calendar public and click Save Changes.
- Click on the Calendar details tab.
- Copy the embed code for the calendar.
Embedding the calendar in your website
If you have any questions or require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to email email@example.com