eWeb - Creating a link to open in a new window
- Log into the site builder and select the page on which you wish to add the link.
- Type a section of text which will become a link, for example "Click here".
- Highlight the text.
- Select the Link icon, which looks similar to a chain, from the toolbar.
- A content organiser window should now open to allow you to select your link destination. Click External Web Page and then change the drop down to Show in: New Window.
- Click OK.
- The link will now be created.
You will NOT be able to able to test this link until you publish the site - it will not work in the site builder or through site preview. This is because the site builder does not properly form the links until the site is published.
If you have any questions or require any further assistance, please don't hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org