eShop - Adding custom fields to a form
This article applies to the Magicdust eShop 1.0. Click here for articles relating to Magicdust eShop 2.0.
It is possible to add extra fields to the standard billing, shipping or registration forms on the site. This can be done through forms control and custom fields and allows the addition of elements such as a delivery instructions box, delivery date, name to put on an item, etc.
To add extra form fields:
- Go to Cart Settings and then Forms Control/Custom Fields.
- Click Create a New Custom Field.
- Select the Field type - do you want a textbox, drop downs, radio buttons, check boxes or larger text area?
- Add the Field name and an appropriate Caption.
- Determine where to add the field to - either the registration form or as additional information on the billing and shipping form.
- Click Save Changes.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.