eShop - Adding a custom box to the sidebar
This article applies to the Magicdust eShop 1.0. Click here for articles relating to Magicdust eShop 2.0.
A Custom Box is defined as an area that will appear on the left (or right) navigation panel running down the side of your cart. Each of the current headings, such as products, newsletter, search etc are all individual boxes. It is possible to add a custom box to this sidebar and specify its position. This is useful for adding elements such as Facebook or Twitter links, credit card logos, testimonials boxes and so on. The following tutorial will explain how to set up a custom box.
- Go to Cart Settings and then click on Appearance Settings.
- Click on Site Layout on the left or Edit Site Layout in the middle of the screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Click Here to add a New Box.
- Fill in the Box name. This will not appear on your site, but will help you identify which box is which in your admin panel.
- The next steps will depend on what you are trying to place in the Custom Box. If you are trying to place an image such as a Facebook or Twitter logo for which you have some generated HTML code, place this code in the Header Text or HTML box.
- If you are trying to create a box for something such as testimonials, or create a link, type the header for the box, such as Testimonials in the Header Text or HTML field and then under Box HTML, click Edit HTML Online and input your text the same way you would for your home page, using the text editor.
- Change the Box Side/Visibility and its Priority as required.
- Click Save changes and preview the box on your site.
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please email email@example.com