eShop - Adding Quantity Discounts to a Product
This article applies to the Magicdust eShop 1.0. Click here for articles relating to Magicdust eShop 2.0.
Quantity discounts allow you set up a discount based on the customer buying a certain number of one product. The quantity discount allows either a percentage or price-based discount on the product. This tutorial assumes you have already added products with primary images. If you have not and need assistance in doing so please click here.
To add a quantity discount, follow the steps below:
- Log into your eshop admin area and go to "Categories and Products" and then click on "manage products."
- Search for the product you wish to add the quantity discount to.
- Click on the product and then click the "quantity discount" tab.
- Type in the minimum and maximum numbers of the product you wish the customer to be able to buy to receive the discount under "min range" and "max range". Then add the discount, which can either be percentage or dollar-based. There is also the option to allow free shipping or wholesale if this is available.
- Click save changes.
- To later edit the discount, return to the quantity discounts tab, make any necessary changes to the discount you previously created and click "save changes".
- To delete a discount, click the blue rubbish bin to the far right of the discount.
- Test the discount on your website by attempting to purchase the correct number of items and ensure the discount calculates correctly.
If you have any problems with or questions about the verification process, please email email@example.com