eWeb - Advanced Paypal - Drop Down Menus
If you are selling an item which has multiple options, such as clothing, which has sizes, it may be necessary to create a Paypal button which incorporates a dropdown menu. While the site builder does not support this feature directly, it is possible to create the button in Paypal and embed it using HTML.
Note: You will need to have the Edit Layout tab enabled for this. If you do not, please contact support and ask that they enable it for you.
- Log into your Paypal account and click on Merchant Services
- Click on Buy Now buttons (under Key Features on the right)
- Type in the name of the item for which you are creating the button, and its price.
- Customise the button to add a dropdown. The drop down can be set to have associated changes in price or simply a list of options. It is also possible to add a text field for a customer to write a message.
- To further customise the appearance of the button, such as removing or adding credit card logos, click on Customise Appearance and modify the necessary options.
- Add your postage amount.
- Under transaction notifications, check Use my secure merchant account ID.
- At the bottom of the page, click Create Button
- Copy the code displayed.
- Log into your website.
- Click on the Edit Layout Tab.
- Delete the sample code and replace it with the paypal code that you copied from the website.
- The button will appear in a box which you can position on the page as needed. For more information on how to position boxes, click here
- Publish the website and make a test purchase through the button to ensure it works correctly.
Note: If you are creating an item that has multiple prices, such as a t-shirt which has a different price for each size, leave this field blank.